View Single Post
      03-01-2024, 08:24 AM   #21
FREE100KSECRET
Rep
Drives: BMW e70 4.8

2016 X5 40e Hybrid Question on ECU Reset

Greetings,

Since there are so few threads on this Hybird, I was curious as I had a dead 12V battery and X5 died and had to have it towed to home. So I replaced battery which was at the end of its life cycle and would not hold a charge. Installed new battery and registered it, and almost all fault codes were low voltage codes, so it made sense, so I erased them all, but still have four permanent codes remaining. Engine wasn't starting, would try for a second, and then would not continue cranking.

So, I went through voltage checks and starter got power, but would not crank but for a second and turned off. In researching all the programing items, I came across a starter deactivate/activate function on my Foxwell diagnostics unit. I toggled on activate and then deactivate and back, and engine started. Let it warm up, tried it around block, ran and shifted fine, then tried sport mode and floored it and it took off like a rocket, but then died seconds later and went into P and coast mode which allowed me to roll down driveway. Now it won't crank or start again. Codes are 222D04, E11516, 21A117, 44CCE2 which are permanent codes. I saw a reset ECU but came up with warning, could kill car and no start. So wondered, should I try this reset function?

Anyone have these isuses which can offer some advice. Hybrid threads are mostly dead like this one was as well.

Thanks a million,
Appreciate 0