12-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #24
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnikolov View Post
Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated.

I guess if I order it I'd have to have some local guy install it for me?

When you mentioned warranty, how exactly do you cover warranty at the moment bmw isn't? Is it you guys who pay for the repair or how does it work? And do you also do that in Europe?
You can have a local guy install it or you could do it yourself. The only special thing you need to have the ability to be able to do as mentioned in a previous post is the ability to clear fault codes at one point of the process.

Put in the simplest terms, The BMW warranty and the Dinan warranty run concurrently so if for some reason BMW denies the warranty claim due to Dinan then Dinan would simply step in and pay for the repair. One way or another your vehicle is covered by someone so there is no risk of being given the short end of the stick with some monumental repair bill.

International warranty in general is a complex subject that you really should discuss with someone much more versed in the subject then I on. I would contact our office and reach out to Scott Leandres at extension 2105 and he would be able to help you much better then I on the caveats of international coverage.
Appreciate 0