02-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #41
TomTarzian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron in Denver View Post
Tom- think lots of 50i owners will be sending questions your way as the first on the board who has posted actual driving impressions on the Dinan tune.

I have noticed some turbo lag in the 50, as well as a slight delay in throttle response that seems more like a delay in the elctronics. Do you think the Dinan tune has made for less turbo lag, or have you noticed "sharper" response from the throttle as well? Sorry if that isnt a very clear question.

Please post more thoughts as you get more time with it. Congrats!

Aaron in Denver
Aaron, when I first got the X5 at the beginning of January there was a funny hesitation and then almost a lunge when starting off from a stop. That's gone. Throttle response is so much smoother and it seems completely linear. Shifting is way better, and it wasn't bad before. The power is awesome. As I said earlier, you feel you and this two and a half ton truck are riding a gigantic wave of torque all the way to redline...and then again...and then again... ;-) I had an X5M and I like this truck better than that one. I highly recommend this modification.

God bless,
Tom
Appreciate 0