View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #121
jdfw75
Rep
Drives: 2008 E70 X5 Sport

Ordered today

Folks -

I need any/all opinions on this - I placed my order today for a X50 M-sport with 20in wheels. The dealer got me into the deal by promising $3k of his dealer "tax rebate" cash into the deal as he would have "off lease, tax refunds from BMW finance" to apply if my car is delivered within 2013. That is in addition to the $1k loyalty credit. At the end of our conversation he also said that Spartanburg (BMW Manufacturing Corp.)was putting a 30 day delay on any X5 requesting 20in wheels due to a supplier issue. In effect, with an early December manufacturing slot, the delay may push me beyond 2013 and my promised - but not guaranteed - "tax rebate" may not be available.

Has anyone heard of a supplier delay that is bumping the build dates of all 20" wheel - equipped 2014 X5's off by 30 days?

Secondly, has anyone ever been given the details behind a "tax funds" release that is credited to the dealerships at the end of the year for vehicles that came off lease in the previous year?

If the dealer is selling a manufacturing date that he doesn't have, and a tax credit that may or may not be real, having a sudden "30 day delay" for 20in wheels would seem to solve both issues...for him, but not for me!

Any info is appreciated -
Appreciate 0