View Single Post
      03-27-2016, 11:22 PM   #17
fsdks
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive Sports Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansRobert View Post
Looks great and am glad your wife is happy, albeit overwhelmed. Mine is also struggling with the technology but once we get it set for her she'll be happy. I especially like the presetting of the departure time to preheat (or cool) the cabin.

I was seriously considering a lease but decided to purchase to take advantage of the federal tax credit which is only available when purchased (not sure why it is that way).

I have not decided if I will install a level two charger or not. I saw on one of your other posts that you plan to do so. What was your thinking, just curious.

Enjoy!
Level 2 is on order from Amazon. The wife's commute is perfect distance for all electric. Given the very good deal I got the added charger cost still below total cost for a gas X5. X5 parked right next to breaker panel so easy/cheaper install too.

Got lease because while I do love electric cars I'm not 100% convinced of battery and tech longevity. For me that's a big deal. First vehicle I've ever leased. Don't want to get 'stuck' with luxury hybrid worth very little after 3 or 4 years. Lease best way to assuage my fears.

What's the preheat/cool departure thing?
Appreciate 0