07-13-2016, 03:16 AM   #394
clemsonee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_bimmer View Post
I hear all kinds of weird noises from the cargo area of my 2015 X6. I first thought that there was something loose in the trunk BUT all was fine. The noises (mostly squeaking and rattling) come and go, but mostly appear on rough surfaces, especially city pavement. My guess is that all these noises come from all the hinges, rails and locks that fix/hold back seats in place and the cargo cover railing in X6 case. My theory is that the structural rigidity of the back part of any SUV is less than that of in the front part due to wide disconnected opening behind the back seats (floor and roof only and no midsection connection), hence all the vibrations and micro deformations of the structure make the metal and plastic parts move more than desired, thus causing the metal and plastic parts make these annoying noises. But this is just a theory.
I have had noise/rattling coming from my cargo area too (2015 x35d M-Sport) within about 6 months of picking it up 1.5 years ago. During my one and only service (oil change) about 9 months ago, I told BMW SA here in Germany and he told me that they tightened something (he didn't explain it well) and that the rattling was no longer an issue. Good news was that the problem was solved, but bad news is it's back (after about 6 months)! So I'm thinking whatever they did to "tighten" something, it's loosened back up. Has anyone on the forum had a similar experience and actually found the culprit? Whatever they tightened may need some thread locker so that it doesn't loosen up again.
Appreciate 0