View Single Post
      07-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #396
dieseldelight
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d

2016 X5 35d xDrive

I ordered my X5 diesel on January and got it delivered on March 3 2016.
- The first problem i observed was at 1200 miles. The X5 would vibrate above 70 mph. I would also tend to go to the left and required adjustment to keep it between lanes all the time (someone also reported this problem on this forum). Took it to the dealer. After multiple try with computer alignment including individual wheel alignments they determined a defective wheel/tire was causing the problem. They replaced the tire and the problem resolved.
- Over the July 4 weekend I was traveling to Ohio from Chicago on I 90. The interstate west/east in Indiana is full of bumps, some quite high. When the X5 hit the bigger bumps at 70+ mph there was a lateral jerk as if the vehicle tried to stop for a few milliseconds and then back to normal. Took it to the dealer, they couldn't recreate it due to lower speed limits and nicer roads around. They still ran the computer diagnostics and couldn't find anything . They indicated the DSC might be interfering due to the wheels being airborne momentarily but refrained from confirming. Next time DSC will be off when i am there to see the effect.
Did anyone experience this in the similar situation?
Appreciate 0