View Single Post
      01-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

+1^^^^
Getting as much seat time in the Volvo or the Infinity quickly makes clear the differences among the brands.

Not boring anyone here, that's what this forum is all about.

There are a good number of forum members in your area, attending one of the meetups they have started is another idea.

I spent quite a bit of time on this forum reading and then posing the occasional question before I was satisfied that I was making the right choice. More than 3 years later and 20k miles down the road I'm very pleased with my choice. The wife complains she doesn't get enough time behind the wheel of our X5, but she knows that as soon as we start traveling more she will. Her daily driver has been a 5 series for the last 8 years. Our E38 is even older and with well over 200k miles it continues to serve better than I had ever hoped. The point is that as long term BMW drivers we have certain expectations of our vehicles. The X5 adds nicely to that BMW feeling I've enjoyed with our E38 and E39, and I'm very confident that our F15 will last as long as the others in our family. Out here on the west coast there are quite a few of the older E53s and E70s, and everyone that I talk to would absolutely buy another one. We're not the only ones happy with our choice.