View Single Post
      12-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
mike@Vossen
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Can't say I expected a different response. Your cast wheels are known to break, Mike. Perhaps you're not familiar with your company's history. Are these forged wheels better? Let's start elsewhere, are they actually forged?
Technically, this thread is about sharing our non BMW automotive content with behind the scenes insight but to answer your post, I am obviously very familiar with our history so let me go in depth as I am proud of the product we produce and more than happy to share. Our low pressure cast wheels are not known to break as we have a long history of high quality wheels, low pressure cast, flow formed and forged. Like every wheel company and like ANY company we have had issues and have always tried our best to resolve them. They are by far the minority of the tens of thousands of wheels we sell every year. There are threads all over this BMW forum for issues, they sell over a million cars and some will have issues unfortunately.

In regards to the wheels on the Ferrari 488 GTB, they are Vossen Forged made in our TUV Verified facility here in Miami. All our factories are TUV Verified. We continuously go through TUV testing for our wheels which is a long process. Our Vossen Forged Wheels go through a vehicle optimization process to ensure we exceed standards.

Below is a post I made on another forum which I think is quite relevant here so pardon the cut and paste.

[I]We offer three types of high quality wheel construction;

Low Pressure Cast
CV Line

Flow Formed Wheels (rotary forging)
VF/Series

Forged Wheels
VPS
CG Series
LC Series

We feel very strongly that each of our technologically sophisticated factories and processes create the among the best wheels on the market. We also have a 5 year workmanship warranty and lifetime structural warranty and unlike most companies, really stand behind it. Our "run out" tolerance is .015" but generally under .010" (the wheel roundness is within the thickness of three sheets of paper overall), I confidently say you might not own a better wheel in regards to quality construction free of vibration. We have owners of various exotic and high end cars switch to Vossen from other high end wheel brands as they know we make one of the highest quality wheels on the market today. Our Vossen Forged program continues to grow and improve as we are committed to producing what we feel are the best quality wheels on the market today.

For anyone ever in the Miami area, please contact me at mike@vossenwheels.com to take a tour of our TUV verified Vossen Forged Factory, proudly #madeinmiami. We will proudly show you how our Vossen Forged wheels are made from start to finish as everything there is 100% in house.

http://blog.vossenwheels.com/vossen-...naugural-tour/

Hi-rez photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vossen...57655293702120

We will have an updated website shortly with more information!!!!

And for those that desire their own wheel, we offer the Vossen Bespoke Design Program.

I just realized I will need to have some new photos taken as we just installed another vertical lathe as we got rid of the horizontal lathe.

We posted a pic on Instagram .

Hopefully this helps answer your question(s).

-mike-
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5722.50