08-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #32
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Except it's not. And I assume the "shift comfort" is the part where it shifts more smoothly. Performance difference, no. Like I keep saying, I'm not saying any of this is a major performance difference. But the transmission is smoother and the two are night and day. First F15 I drove was a 35i M sport and it felt quick and smooth, like my 335 (not as fast obviously, but still similar transmission). Second was a 35i x-line and it wasn't' nearly as smooth nor did it feel as quick off the line, or as immediate power when changing lanes on the highway. Is the performance difference enough to make anyone jump up and down? No. If the 35i isn't powerful enough, you get a 50i, not a sport auto. But the sport auto is absolutely smoother and at least slightly quicker.
I drove both version of 50i and to me there is very little difference (or no difference) with both in Sport mode. Car and driver tested 50i with xLine at blistering 4.3 to 60, that's plenty fast and I doubt sport auto is "slightly" faster.
Appreciate 0