View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #52
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
who sends "agents" , oh yeah, scammers, that alone would red flag it for me. I probably wouldn't have gotten past the first exchange though due to my suspicious nature. If they won't meet in person from CL, forget about them!

I am glad you realized before it was too late.
After all these years you think these guys would learn from mistake from idiots before them mistake. Wherever they are from and BTW most of these people are now in the US, and they work in teams, their native language does not translate into English well, they always use certain words like agents. There are other words which are dead give away that the person is not from the US originally even red neck have a better command of the English language. I have yet to see a new scram which is not following a familiar script.

I only played along to try and figure out how they try and get money out of you. Some are very complicated, others just hope you send the product before you realize the check is fake. Then other like this one want to you send extra money they sent you to someone else and they always want it in a hurry, since the clock is ticking before you find out it fake. I did one time have someone show up trying to pick up the items, and I just said where is the cash the person insisted they or their friend paid me but could not remember any of the detail.

Last edited by Maestro; 02-02-2017 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
nathanm4683.00
wrickem2101.00