View Single Post
      10-04-2023, 12:24 PM   #560
MnA QB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M; 2023 X7 40i

So I scooped up a set of these 20in 611m rims with Pirelli Scorpion Winter Runflat Tires for my "new to me" 2017 X5M following the favorable commentary and great pictures here.

The set was advertised as "brand new" and I bought it for $5,000 from an online BMW parts store. I also received quotes for new 20" BC RZ01 and 20" Vosen HF-5 wheels with TPMS and new winter performance run flats from other eComm sellers.

The pricing for all 3 options was very similar, so I opted for the 611m package. However, upon receipt, I quickly noticed that the tires are unused but 5 years old - dating back to 2018. Since the set was advertised as brand new, I figured the seller had access to the new/unused wheels and would outfit them with new tires - just like the BC and Vosen dealers were going to do. (Last year, I ordered a similar set of Vosens for my other BMW from one of these online merchants who outfitted the wheels with brand new tires before shipping).

Interested in the group's thoughts on the 5-year old (unused) tires. The seller assures me these were kept in a climate controlled environment and the tires are safe to use. However, the manual for the X5M recommends replacing tires, regardless of wear, after 6 years.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0