View Single Post
      04-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #4
Dirac
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbear View Post
I have long wished for a night vision system that fed into the HUD and would help me spot wildlife. But I worry that one which only displays in the center stack is going to be pretty useless. Of course it's impossible to test this feature since dealers are in cities and test drives during the day, etc. On top of that it seems that maybe only 1 in 5 "loaded" used F85's have this feature so if I do make it a "must have" then I will either be forcing myself to buy new and built to order or make my search dramatically harder. I ordered my E70 but I was thinking to buy used or possibly even try out assuming a lease this time around so it would be great if I don't need the night vision. But if it will help me keep my family safe then I want to know and I want to get it. Thanks in advance!
My X6M has the night vision feature and I live in a rural area. I was anxious to see if it would help since I have hit deer with some of our other vehicles. The GD things are everywhere here. I wish the display was right in front of the driver - like in the Audi S6, etc. and not off to the side in the center. It takes some practice to get used to checking back and forth between looking at the road ahead and the center display. I think it is more useful at slower speeds (<40 mph). It is most helpful when there is fog since it basically sees through the fog. If I was going to order a new vehicle, I'd forego it. It's nice to have, but definitely not as useful as one might imagine.
Appreciate 0