View Single Post
      05-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #15
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbear View Post
Wow, thanks Amaretto, a lot of cool reading over there indeed! Some of it was definitely using initials which I do not know. For example I know NV is Night Vision, but what do NV2 and NiVi stand for in the coding thread?

And I take it that to have any of these cool features for detecting animals in the various displays I must get a car that was ordered with Night Vision which is very rare and certainly will limit my choices. It seems that among cars people list as being "loaded" that only perhaps 1 in 5 actually has the NV feature. I spoke to my BMW Service Mgr. and he said that Night Vision cannot be added on to an F85 that did not originally come with it.

i'd kind of ignored this thread for a bit but just got hit with another massive repair bill on my E70 so thinking about this again
NiVI - Night Vision.
  • NIVI2 = CAFD_0000004C
  • NIVI3 = CAFD_000013FE
Correct, coding cannot overcome lack of hardware.

Which packages are included comes down to dealerships guessing what will sell. Often, there are regional differences (eg, more xdrive sedans in Northern than Southern California dealerships).

Can you retrofit afterwards, yes, but often less expensive to order the first time.
Appreciate 0