View Single Post
      07-17-2017, 12:52 AM   #21
Silverbear
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8

I've noticed option getting more popular

So I've noticed that on the 2016 year model of the X5M when I searched dealer inventory I almost never found Night Vision equipped cars. And finding a used 2016 car available to buy that has it is a straight out needle in haystack proposition. I've searched hundreds to find about 5.

But in the last couple of months I noticed a big change. Most of the major lots now seem to have at least one or two 2017 Night Vision equipped units on the lot. I don't know why this is but I assume that more customers began to realize it could save them from a collision and ask for it. Of course there are other possibilities like BMW offering dealers an incentive to move units equipped with this option, etc. I have no insider knowledge and wasn't nearly as active searching in past years as this model year so I could be overstating the difference too. But it seems like a big difference and I would guess that in a couple years it will be far, far easier to find used X5M's (and perhaps other Bimmers too) equipped with this option than it has been for me. And I think that would be a good thing and again I appreciate everyone helping to fill me in on this feature that you really can't learn that much about during a test drive!
Appreciate 0