06-08-2023, 07:07 AM   #287
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Luv BMW View Post
Very interested to hear BMW's diagnosis of the cause, if they provide one at all. From reading other threads, seems most of the time BMW tear down the engine to determine that it is in fact, toast, and then order the new engine, without revealing the cause. Maybe they don't know the cause, but at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, part of me wonders whether they don't reveal it because they'd rather people buying a new car every 3 years instead of doing any preventative maintenance to make the car last 10 years.
BMW Australia knows that 1. the product they sell is junk (bad/ill suited design), 2. offer terrible service, and they don't care. Their target market is only the people who buy new with a service plan.

Have a look at the Certificated Pre-Owned thing. It used to come with actual BMW factory backed warranty. But all of a sudden they removed it because according to them "consumers did not want it".
Or maybe they just realised that here(AUS) people are not as litigation/class action happy as US and they won't have to deal with the blown engines/components that are out of the original 3yr factory warranty.

For US guys, no we don't have 3rd party warranty here. All the 3rd party stuff is junk does not cover anything and the pay-outs are capped. eg. The most expensive/ best coverage warranty I was offered by BMW (at an official BMW dealer. Was a 3rd party, BMW does not have their own) on my CPO had capped the pay-out per claim at like $2k. For $$ reference, a set of front rotors in Aus is $1,800
Appreciate 0