Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5pilot View Post
Hi Baunton,

(1st post on xbimmers but a long time observer!)

Im based in the UK too (Cambridge area) and today I was also invited along to a 'closed door' viewing of the X5 30d M in white. I had similar experiences in that I couldn't start it or even see it in direct light, however at least I was able to sneak a few pics and see it without any 'transport packaging' that you refer to.
Although white is not my colour it did look stunning with the M trim and discreet M badging against white. I loved the clarity and size of the new screen, the speed of the input even the handwriting recognition feature via a left hand input (as obviously will be driving RH)
The ambient (blue) lighting feature was pretty cool, although not something you'd pay for as an option - nice to see BMW having the sense to include it as standard.

I do have a question I hope you or someone can help with, I notice from the US pricing specifications that the panoramic roof is included as standard?
But I cant see any reference to this for European models?
Im not surprised to be honest if its not but just wondering if you know otherwise?

Also, as I will probably place my order shortly after the 16th Nov test drive (Im going for the 40d M) do you (or anyone) thing there will be any movement on the standard list price - again I'm seeing varying reports of discounts applied to US buyers?

Good luck with your test drive!
Hi X5pilot.

Panoramic glass sunroof is a cost option in the UK £1,295 according to BMW.CO.UK

I'm going to order my replacement in January so hoping I can get a decent percentage off. I have two dealers within 30 minutes of where we live so I'm going to use it to my advantage!

All the best.
Appreciate 0