View Single Post
      10-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #8
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

In theory yes but it would be a risky test because you don't know how the ABS, TCS, AWD system will be impacted. I would think doing this could be dangerous as well if the system is applying too much line pressure down to the standard calipers by possibly locking the wheels prematurely or damaging the calipers/seals. If you read through the thread i posted up top, there is also a section in the DSC module where you can select your rotor size as well. Not sure if that only becomes available for cars coded with the upgraded brakes or if all cars have it. I know for the F15 it comes with different size brakes across all of the models.

I tried coding this myself last night and was unsuccessful. The SPBR code that works for the 1 and 3 series doesn't work on the X5. I even had the best coder around Shawnsheridan log in to try it himself and it didn't work. He tried 2 other F15's that he had on file and both gave him the same error. My guess is that it might be called something else for the F15 in which we would need to try to figure out what that would be before anyone could code this themselves. As my last resort I will take trip to my dealer and be at their mercy of whatever they feel like charging me for this simple update.

I did drive my car a bit more last night and although the pedal travel is lower now, I can clearly feel the car has more stopping power compared to stock. The brakes scrubs off speed much quicker than before. I will take a picture showing the size difference of the front rotors this weekend.

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 10-01-2015 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0