Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Europe View Post
Hallo All,

Firstly, let me introduce myself.

I live in Europe (central part) and I am happy F15 30d owner (I believe this is 35d in the US). Before - had E70 and more before E60. I have been reading this forum for couple of months. I do appreciate you input. This is outstanding. This is how this kind of forums should work!

The car is wonderful. Driving is so smooth. I am not a big fan of diesel but this diesel is not driving like diesels I know. Maybe it is somehow tuned for the US market to make diesel more popular ;-) By the way - do you have an idea if the sound inside the car is real and not-real (I mean somewhere from the sound system)? I am asking as this really does not sound like diesel (it sounds rather like v8 ;-)

My configuration is called in the US pretty loaded (I believe). I took Jet Black (great colour) and inside - Canberra Beige.

One thing that could be interesting - I had extra quick delivery. I mean - from final order to taking from the dealer - about 5 weeks. What - as I read is rather unusual (I have 2015 model).

So - I will remain mostly the reader. If you like to know something re: EU configuration - I would be more that happy to help!

Best regards.

T_E
I believe the engine sound in the cabin is real rather than being supplemented by the audio system. The diesels with the 8 speed auto ZF box are awesome aren't they.

Is the EU 30d equivalent to US 35d, anyone in the US, what's the performance figures for the 35d and how many turbos?

In Europe we have 30d, 40d and 50d which are all 3 litre straight 6 lumps but 1, 2 & 3 turbos to increase performance.
Appreciate 0