04-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #29
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
First of all, I think we are making the demand for these seem higher than what it is...unless high-demand = collecting dust in showrooms. Second of all, I don't know about you but I don't buy clothes before trying them on.

Now, I understand what you're saying, why sell a Raptor to Joe Shmoe for $65K when Rick Dumbass is willing to pay $90K for it...I have nothing against that. If a dealer is willing to sit on a vehicle for 6 months before Rick comes along, it's their prerogative.

My point is, guy didn't show up in a Dodge Dart to try to test drive a Raptor or GT350. He showed up in an M4, which is worth more used than that Raptor before markups. My point is, if one shitty salesman decides that someone shouldn't have access to a vehicle based on their appearance, than that is one shitty salesman.

I will back you up on this, however. I will not even attempt to test drive a used vehicle without having my trade-in there with me knowing they are going to want to appraise it and do a deal sheet. So I do agree with you there. One shouldn't just assume the salesman can read minds. I'm also straight forward, here's is what I have, here is what I want...if you cannot provide me with what I need, someone else can and will...
Yep. It's not even a question about the purchase yet. It's about access -- in the car of 'vettes and the Raptor, the high demand is defined by those wanting to test drive/joyride/wring out a car that could cost the dealer considerably if anything goes, or is done, wrong.

It's the fault of paliknight for having the wrong approach to enable a test drive -- though beyond that, it's nobody fault if the salesman isn't able to filter serious buying potential well.
Appreciate 1
mirob3039.50