View Single Post
      10-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #142
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 550i & '14 F15 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
All depends on when they have an allocation. Normally for anything built in SC, we can get them in NY in as few as 3 weeks or as many as 4 or 5, provided there are no delays due to parts availability or anything like that.. But that assumes your dealer has an allocation that is actually going into production within a week or two of your order. With a new model like this and high demand, there's just no telling how long until you get a production date. Before that, they may tell you this or that, but if they have a waiting list, it could take an extra couple weeks or months to get the allocation that they will actually use for your car. Without the allocation, the order doesn't actually go anywhere.

Once you have a production week assigned, only then will you know for sure when it's scheduled to be built, and can estimate from there when it will arrive.

Thanks Chris. Are the sales guys privy to their dealership's allocation numbers for the month? I find that while he seems like a pretty nice guy. He's quite vague about it at the sametime. Good point about the waiting list, however, he's not mentioned anything like that... It sounds like he's pushing it back on BMW, in that, he is waiting for BMW to release the allocations for the dealership next month.

The way the sales guy is sounding I guess I won't hold my breath for anything before mid/end December... If it arrives before then, that's a bonus... Otherwise, it may be a Merry X-Mas... Was hoping for an M-Sport F15 to be "Thankful" for - Ha ha ha!
Appreciate 0