View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
tcpip
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d (F15)

Unhappy 2014 F15 X5 M50d - EGR valve failed

Can anyone point me to another thread on this? I couldn't find one (other than the US related recall) which surprises me.

My 2014 F15 X5 M50d went in for routine service and statutory test (MoT) last week.

A couple of months ago, I had two drive train warnings come up at slow speed when parking on two separate days, but close together. Both reset when I off/on the vehicle and no recurrence, so I mentioned to the dealer for them to check whilst in for service.

The dealer has now informed me I have a faulty EGR valve and must not drive the vehicle due to the risk of fire. They have quoted me £1,200 GBP to repair.

I didn't know what an EGR valve was so Googled it and found the recall/fire issue - the issue was exactly as the dealer had explained it to me. Needless to say, I called both the dealer, then BMW UK - I am pushing for it to be repaired under warranty/goodwill. Dealer said my model isn't affected by the recall, but it sounds like exactly the same issue, hence my complaint to BMW UK.

It's almost a week later and I haven't got a date for the parts/repair (nor confirmation that they will pay) - can anyone shed any light on the current situation please? Any advice? The dealer and BMW are saying very little indeed!

I have since seen stories in the UK press about 8+ week waits for parts, etc.

Thank you
Appreciate 0