M50D
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 M50D Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwombat View Post
Firstly - rad ride mate! Makes me a bit sad I sold my E70 X5 4.4 M-Sport although I have say that I am now a firm fan of diesels - my current 535D is awesome power-wise & acceleration same. The X5 M50D has now probably supplanted my dream BMW which used to be an M5 but you get so much grunt, pretty good handling & far better economy (not to mention luggage ******* in the M50D. Your price of $170K wasn't bad at all (thats's nearly the list for my 535D accessorised as I did, but I haggled them down quite a bit to $137K)- did you get a chance to haggle much? What was th elist for yours before haggling? Am seriously considering giving the 535 to the wife & getting an M50D for myself now.
I have access to executive preference program through work. To be honest I didn't really ask about what the discount was. Just figured with all the options I picked and the list prices of the car it worked out a pretty good deal. I had purchased two cars from the salesperson at BMW Melbourne previously and he was straight up and great to work with. He looked after me well before so i just told him what I wanted (pretty much everything) and he came back with that price. The brake upgrade and wheel swap worked out about 12K (ouch) they gave me nothing on that! Probably should have gone to BM tech to have that fitted, price would have been bettering they have more choice of brakes options. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0