View Single Post
      02-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #11
XZeb
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
So I sent an e-mail to BMW M division back in Germany, and asked why the new 2015 X5 M (F85) look so much like the 2014 F15 X5 M-Sport. After driving the 2013 E70 X5 M, I wanted something that would set the two SAVs apart. Looking at the two models... makes me want to re-think my purchase of 2015 X5M. So the reply I got back is listed below? I think it's too late for any changes and I feel it will look similar to X5 M-Sport, just the quad exhaust will be the difference. I feel, if enough of us that are dis satisfied with the new look of the X5M, or why it looks so much the same should let it be known to BMW M Division, before the final product is release.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 27, 2014 5:44 AM
Subject: AW: The New 2015 X5M
To:
Cc:

Dear John,

Thank you for your passionate interest in our products. So far we have launched the new X5 and it’s M-Sport pack and have received quite favourable reviews, M products have not been communicated yet.

Our Design-philosophy is a clear differentiation between each model-line. However, in our prototypes we try to disguise design features as much as possible.

Therefore I think one should not read too much into spyshots of prototypes and I think we shape the same beliefs on and passion for the BMW brand!

Very best regards,

Adrian van Hooydonk.

------------------------------------------
BMW Group
Regina Bäuml
P.A. to Adrian van Hooydonk
Department ED
Phone: +49-89-382-42220 <tel:%2B49-89-382-42220>
Fax: +49-89-382-46150 <tel:%2B49-89-382-46150>
mailto: regina.baeuml@bmw.de
http://www.bmwgroup.com
Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Vorstand: Norbert Reithofer, Vorsitzender, Milagros Caiña Carreiro-Andree, Herbert Diess, Klaus Draeger, Friedrich Eichiner,Harald Krüger, Ian Robertson, Peter Schwarzenbauer.
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Joachim Milberg Sitz und Registergericht: München HRB 42243
Philosophically - we made a meal of the new design trying to make it more like the BMW family (ie uglier like x3, x1) but hey sh:%?! happens so it's not a problem. The punters will buy it anyway. Throw in some glam marketing and no one will notice after a while. The boss is back ! blah blah , it has a real presence blah blah !

Why have I only seen one on the street in London so far ? Are sales that bad ? For a place with so many X5 fans - you see one on just about every corner -you'd expect to see a lot more of new models by now 3-4 months after release. What's happening ?
Appreciate 0