View Single Post
      03-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
AnthonyL88
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
In all my years of BMW ownership I've never had this happen. I logged on to MyBMW to look for some lease documentation on a previous car for tax purposes. Lo and behold, my lease account for the X5 is active!

Contract started on 2/24 - the day the car entered production. I already have a bill due on 3/26. I have yet to take delivery and the car only just arrived at the selling dealer Thursday.

So basically I'm being asked to pay for a month of usage during which I had no car. I was fully expecting the contract to start the day the vehicle left the lot - which is supposed to be tomorrow unless the truck is delayed due to snow. I mean that's how it always works. You sign paperwork and drive off.

Has anybody ever had this happen? Is it even legal? Seems ballsy. What if the car were damaged or destroyed during transport? Or missing options/factory error?

My calls to the Sales Manager haven't been returned yet and BMW FS is closed on weekends. I hope this is a quick fix, otherwise they're keeping it and I'll do whatever I need to do to get my money back.
You should call BMW Financial Service and get BMW to credit you. You shouldn't get charged until the 1st day you go pickup your new car.
Appreciate 0