View Single Post
      08-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

If you run 20" and don't want a run flat, try Delinte D8 Desert Storm all-season tires. I currently have them on my 22's (285/35R22 on all 4), and I'm really happy with how they handle in all weather so far; they grip the road really really well even in heavy thunderstorms so far. For the price, they are really solid. I have yet to test them in snow because I got my car in April of this year, but based on many forum reviews, these tires apparently handle really well in snow on 20" and 22" wheels.

I know, I know...22's can't be driven in winter, etc., but I've read plenty of forums and discussions regarding this already, especially in the Land Rover forums. People have done so without issue - it's really divided based on personal experiences/lack thereof. I've already gone off-roading on grassy/muddy slopes/hills without any slipping/issues with my setup....I know...again...shocker. Color me impressed. I guess the X-line really does what it's supposed to do . I don't recommend trying what I've done, but these tires are definitely worth looking into if you're on a budget or just want a good larger rim tire all year round. Of course, I'll report back my findings in winter. Just thought I would share .