View Single Post
      10-14-2014, 06:13 AM   #304
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6605paull View Post
Need some help please, how do you know what version of E-SYS and psdZdata you need for your vehicle, in my case MY2015 F15 or do you just assume the latest version whatever that may be?. I was given a free BMW coding database from a company that supplied my ENET OBD2 Cable, looks comprehensive and includes several F series models, however no mention of the F15, goes F10/F20/F25/F30 - which one do I need for the F15?, also have the cheat sheet kindly published on this site by others. Basic stuff but I'm trying to learn. Thanks.
Reading the OP (first page) helps. We have organized it very well so you don't get lost:

E-Sys software 3.23.4 or greater with EST token and password (detailed below in Token section)
PSdZData (Lite version) 50.0 or greater - PSdZData version used must be >= to the last version of ISTA/P used to program the car. If you use the latest PSdZData, then you don't have to worry about it. Otherwise, you will need to read I-Step Current from VCM, cross-reference it to the ISTA/P version, and determine if your PSdZData version is >= to it. To determine I-Step Current: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...postcount=1403 (thank you shawnsheridan).

Read the OP for the rest. The target connection is for F025. - F15 follows the same coding structure. After getting everything set up, if you're still lost, PM me.