Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetjunkie View Post
I had Xenons w/ adaptive lighting in my E53 and loved it. Kept them in the F15 and still love 'em. Look beautiful, not outdated, and plenty bright. I have no issues manually switching high beams (or shifting MTs, or checking my own side/rear mirrors). I buy BMWs to drive them, not just "ride in them".

I predict that auto dimming will become another repair headache over time for some owners. Plenty of electronic wiring, chips & cameras for point-of-failures.

If you are leasing and enamored by all the new gizmos, then go for it! I bought mine, and have plenty of other uses for $1,900.

Cheers,
ChefK
Yeah, I buy BMWs to "drive" them too, and hence keep them 8+ years, so for me getting the technology right is important. While I have used and loved Xenon for 15 years, BMW is now screwing us by including auto-high beam with LEDs only. While its not a big deal for most, it is for me as we do a lot of back road night driving and I am constantly using the stalk, while trying to steer on curved roads. And I am pretty sure the high beam stalk is not a performance enhancing feature! I'd much rather have both hands firmly on the wheel. I also think LEDs are the future (well no, as its been here for a while), and the headlights will be even past LEDs by the time I am done with this car so having updated tech is important to me.

Likewise I dont need the Driver Assist features, and if I was the only driver, would never get that stuff. But my wife drives the kids every where so I guess I'll get them.
Appreciate 0