View Single Post
      04-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2025 View Post
I also ordered the xenon instead of the LED. Trust me, I debated about it for a long time but decided to use my $1,900 to get something way more useful to me: ACC. From what I read there is not that much difference in the brightness level. The LED looks nicer and theoretically lasts longer than xenon. I think you should just use the xenon until a few years later and then consider replacing them, if costs are not excessive.
True. Also for those wondering about the brightness. Just turn on your fogs. They're LED. It does make a huge difference. So if just mere LED fogs can do that, then LED is for sure more powerful/bluer. I've done 5000K-6000K modifications and seen light output from each. LED is completely different/stronger. 4300K lumen output gives the best visibility on headlights, which is why factory oem comes as 4300K xenon from what I know. The higher you go 5000K, 6000K, etc. - the color changes to bluer, but the light output decreases, esp because most headlights are 35 watt stock rather than the brighter 50 watt. This is why, if anyone ever goes for a bluer/whiter look, they'll usually go for 5000K to stick to pure white/still have decent output. Now, LEDs get you that nice white slight blue hint look with much more powerful output of light from what I have seen. There's definitely a difference, and I think it's a good idea to upgrade down the road if the price is right and if they can be retrofitted easily.
Appreciate 0