2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diper View Post
Hi Motex,

My dealer had one with the MPPK on it, and so I was able to testdrive one. Try asking your dealer what can be arranged.
I agree it is a lot of money, the standard 30d is a very capable and relaxed engine. The MPPK just makes it the best it can be without sacrificing durability.
As this is midlife crisis cruiser I went down the path: If too big is just right.
The 40d or M50d at the time I bought the car just a bit to steap for what I wanted to spend. When cruising on the highway with the family the cruise Control is on 145-150 km/h, maybe 160 sometimes, it's only when I'm alone and in Germany the speed-deamon inside of me get's loose, on the daily drive to work I have to drive 108km/h for the most part due to a speedtrap over several kms of highway. Last time around I did a lowflying practise run with >230, but if I had done so with the wife and kids onboard I would have been sleeping on the sofa for several weeks.

You will not feel deprived from any enjoyment when postponing your decision, unless you married a former racecardriver screaming 'pedal to the metal' all the time.
Hey Diper,
Thanks for your time to reply, I come from an 2015 M4 coupe and 2010 X6M, and even though the M4 and the X6m are in another league, the F15 30d has a nice torque (something around 560Nm of torque) and it really gives me a good driving experience, as you mention, do I need more? no, do I want more? YES!

I just had the car for 1300kms so far (took delivery on Dec 23rd) , since we have no real highways in this 3rd world country, my top speed commuting to work is about 140kph for a few seconds......average like 60kph

I still have an old chip I bought from http://www.tunit.com/ which is sitting in one of my drawers since 2010 (used on my former 2008 X6 30d) , but I had turbo issues during the use of that chip, I'm not sure they were "chip related" but left me with some "bad taste" about re-using it, the dealer told me it was the chip who caused the problems, and almost lost my warranty, they gave me a second chance LOL

After all this, and since my wife hates speed, I think I'm fine at least for now, I'm also in my middle age crisis, turned from the M4 to the X5 due to back problems, so now I'm enjoying comfort instead of power and speed