View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #321
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Lack of daytime backlighting for sure. I couldn't care less for HUD that adds the extended display with LCD. However, the lack of lighting during the day is unacceptable. My 10 year old Infiniti has that. In situations when you get a cloudy day which is not enough to trigger the lights to turn on and get the orange lighting on the panel you can barely see the gauges.

My biggest frustration is that I was never told I would not get the daytime backlighting if I did not get the Driver Assistant Package. I got backup camera separate since I did not care for HUD but I would get the full package if I knew it. It was an extra $1000 on a $70k car so not a huge deal. The car the dealer showed had the daytime backlighting and I even took picture of that to show to my wife. The dealer claims they had no idea BMW was using two different instrument clusters on the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonMan View Post
I have been following your posts re: the cluster - must be frustrating - so is the primary problem with your cluster the lack of daytime backlighting ?

Or is it the analogue nature of the gauges (compared to the "almost" full LCD on the extended display) ?
Appreciate 0