View Single Post
      02-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #19
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Thumbs up In Thailand right now, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaMan View Post
I'd also consider a trip up north to Chang Mai, awesome city with more of an authentic Thai feel than Bangkok which is more of an Asian/tourist metropolis. Lots to do near the city, elephant sanctuaries and jungle river cruises etc.
+1 for Chiang Mai.

We just flew from Chaing Mai to Koh Samui today. We spent a week in Chiang Mai taking private tours to temples, jungle villages, etc. Some were better than others. You can hire a private 'luxury' minibus/van and driver (or driver and tour guide) that will take you to Chiang Ria area from Chiang Mai. The Hmong tribal villiage of Doi Pui is so-so. The drive up and down the mountain isn't for the feint of heart! Wat Doi Suthep is half way up. Very cool temple with views (depending on the haze).

Koh Samui is great - we're here with our child and my wife's parents. We got a kick-ass villa with it's own live-in maid. Reasonable price, but not cheap. It was 1 step down from Banyan Tree or 4 Seasons - which we would probably do next time if the in-laws weren't in tow.
Appreciate 0