View Single Post
      07-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #22
coolidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyo View Post
My CA was extremely firm with me in saying that the order was locked because it is an individual order, and considering that I called the next day after ordering to add the Adaptive M Suspension which he just got in by begging the people at the port. The "Cancel and Build me another one" tactic did not go well with a "No problem" but you will lose your $500 down payment.. So in the end, I'm living with my decision and will grow to like the Dark Poplar. I am however researching replacing the wood at a later date if I really do not like. Ebay is listing some kits for nearly 1k which is insane! Has anyone ever tried to replace it? Difficult?

30 days after picking up my X5 I don't notice or even think about the wood trim. There's not that much of it in the first place and there's so much cool stuff in the cabin and its so much fun to drive its no more important than the cigarette lighter I'll never use. That the sun glass holder is so puny it won't hold a pair of sunglasses is a WAY more annoying issue. Just thought I'd give you some words of encouragement. Don't let this sour your purchase.
Appreciate 0