View Single Post
      12-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #11
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans_x5 View Post
Just made the switch from years of Audi ownership to BMW, also long time poster on the Quattroworld.

Been wanting an X5 for a long time. Just bought a CPO '15 35i M-Sport. Waiting patiently for it to be hauled down to me. Got the car for $41k CPO, 2015 with 43k miles. Carbon Black, Dakota Black interior. Although the third row is tight, it's what made me jump on this one (need to haul 4 kids on occasion).
Smart choice, I regret not going with 3rd row and retrofit of 3rd row costs more than a car itself

Quote:
It's missing a few things I would have liked such as HK, DHP, but otherwise most of the other bells and whistles. Nothing some mods can't fix,
HK is overrated anyway, so if you go with BAVSound - you are in for a good start! DHP is a killer in x5, but it somewhat will be remediated with Eibach springs (it still won't be as good, but at least it will be halfway there). However, DHP is almost impossible to find in CPO cars, so there are 99% of us here who still regret not getting it

Quote:
looking to install:

Black Dual Slat Grille
Reflector deletes
Eibach Springs and Links
MPPK or RaceChip
BAVSound speakers
Bimmertech Amp
20" or 21" wheels with non-run flats (although concerned since I do not have a spare)

Anyone else in the Nashville area?
Imagine yourself 1 year later, what advise you will give yourself if you were looking at this post? I bet you will say I wish I went with 21 instead of 20 Learn on my costly mistakes and if you are like some of us who thinks wheels make or brake car appearance - don't skip on size, trust me even 21s often look not enough in those huge x5 arches (but with Eibach lowering they will fit just perfect)
Appreciate 0