12-16-2017, 12:49 AM   #13
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Imagine yourself 1 year later, what advise you will give yourself if you were looking at this post? I bet you will say I wish I went with 21 instead of 20 Learn on my costly mistakes and if you are like some of us who thinks wheels make or brake car appearance - don't skip on size, trust me even 21s often look not enough in those huge x5 arches (but with Eibach lowering they will fit just perfect)
As somebody who also believes that wheels can make or break a car, I just wanted to offer a slightly different point of view...

I "upgraded" my wheels from the stock (20") 469M. I had my mind set on OEMs and strongly considered (21") 599M and (21") 612M but after months of comparing, I ultimately decided on the (20") 611M and had to scour the country to find a set, they were not cheap. I just really liked the pattern / details of the 611s and the way they looked on the X5, there was something about the proportions that just resonated with me. Here I am nearly a year later and I have no regrets, none at all.

I honestly don't look at it as a skimp, there are advantages and disadvantages to each. I personally do not like how tiny the sidewalls are on 21" wheels, much less 22" wheels for an SUV, I also think that the X5 starts to look more like a car (think VW GTI (not necessarily a bad thing)) and less like an SUV with most 22" wheels, especially when lowered. I am sure that there are many here who would disagree with me but in the end you have to go with what you like the best.

Last edited by Chadmatic; 12-16-2017 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 4
DuSh2113.50
P111572.00