View Single Post
      12-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #16
beans_x5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
As somebody who also believes that wheels can make or break a car, I just wanted to offer a slightly different point of view...

I "upgraded" my wheels from the stock (20") 469M. I had my mind set on OEMs and strongly considered (21") 599M and (21") 612M but after months of comparing, I ultimately decided on the (20") 611M and had to scour the country to find a set, they were not cheap. I just really liked the pattern / details of the 611s and the way they looked on the X5, there was something about the proportions that just resonated with me. Here I am nearly a year later and I have no regrets, none at all.

I honestly don't look at it as a skimp, there are advantages and disadvantages to each. I personally do not like how tiny the sidewalls are on 21" wheels, much less 22" wheels for an SUV, I also think that the X5 starts to look more like a car (think VW GTI (not necessarily a bad thing)) and less like an SUV with most 22" wheels, especially when lowered. I am sure that there are many here who would disagree with me but in the end you have to go with what you like the best.

Appreciate all the insights and opinions on wheel size, to each their own of course. I do agree, that 21" and most certainly 22" reduce sidewall scale too much, plus the increased risk for a bent rim. I'm gonna live with the 19" for a minute, do some picture searches, and make a call this summer. I'll work on the other mods first

Also, thanks for the welcome all.
Appreciate 0