09-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #140
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30toF30 View Post
Hey guys,

I picked up my Stealth Hitch on my F15 X5d last night. I purchased the kit with the stealth harness as I have a friend who can do all the additional programming that would come with the active harness (The guys at Stealth Hitch confirmed that the only difference with the active harness is the coding...I hope that is correct haha).

Anyway, install of the hitch itself went smoothly. All the wiring was pretty straight forward.

However, my question is more along the lines of connecting the brake controller.

I bought a Tekonsha P3 that came with a Ford harness/plug (second hand unit). But I'm unsure how to connect the controller to the X5. I did notice a bundle of wires labelled for the brake controller within the wire harness, but I'm unsure how to connect these wires to the X5, and also how to connect the brake controller to the car so it all links up properly.

Any feedback would be awesome. I have a trip coming up this Friday where I'll be towing a car in a trailer....so I'm going to need to have this ready to go and I am very nervous I wont have it ready in time!

Thanks in advance!
If you remove the interior cover on the right side in the cargo area of the X5, I believe there is a connector in the harness in that area. The P3 that BMW offered for the E70 X5 plugged directly into that connector. I don't know if the one you bought has that same connector.
Appreciate 0