View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 01:23 PM   #9
Bmwskx
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Here’s why it’s breaking… you take an already repair-intenisive vehicle (BMWs have issues with oil leaks, electronics, suspension, etc) and then you add an electric motor, a large expensive battery and all new hybrid integration systems that are first generation. First generation equipment of this nature that has been pushed to market on an accelerated timeline is a recipe for problems. And you just multiplied all the problems with every new system added.

And then, mechanics that are seeing this for the first time are expected to solve a problem they’ve never seen that’s 3* more complicated than their normal problems. There are actually some easy and cheap fixes but they’re not knowledgeable enough to figure it out so they replace entire expensive control components to cover their ass.

So, if you can’t fix a car like this yourself, reason says to avoid.

Or buy a third party warranty.

I’m sorry OP, but this is the reality with a car like this. I’m on my 6th (I think?) BMW and I’ve DIY’d them all and the thought of these hybrid systems is immense.
Agree a 100%

Even though I bought this car from BMW premium selection, the dealer couldn't extend the warranty saying it's a BMW thing...
Appreciate 0