View Single Post
      02-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #51
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Agree to disagree I guess regarding rotors. Unless your track buddies and you are running the carbon ceramic type of rotors which usually have the holes pressed into the mold, "holed" cast iron rotors are more prone to cracking under hard use than a comparable slotted/standard one. Anyone who wants to find what is not hearsay or myth can easily do a search on something like F1 or DTM brake rotors, for example, and see for yourself how many teams are using "holed" rotors (carbon ceramic is exception as mentioned). HPDE and autocross are not serious motorsports, in case that's what your track buddies are participating in. In those instances as I stated in my previous post, cross drilled are just fine.

As far as why AMG, Brembo, BMW, etc. are using cross drilled rotors on their vehicles, it is merely for the racing look and it is what people want/like. I stated that it does have its merits on the street. But it does not prove as reliable or durable as slotted/standard rotors in serious motorsport. Make no mistake that I have no qualms about cross drilled, I'm just trying to help with myth vs. reality.

The mutual irony is that my brakes are completely stock, too.
Appreciate 0