12-18-2023, 07:34 AM   #34
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E85 Sport View Post
What you’re feeling is the transmission.

Rod Sutphin transmission tune makes it more responsive and predictable. With no loss of comfort or efficiency.
For the longest time Rod did not have a tune for the 8HP in the 35d, but I see he does now. Looks like I'll be ordering that up today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlesquash View Post
If he didn’t hook me up I likely go to the dudmd guys. Fairly close to me and hear great things about them, and think my power gains are similar… and did no other upgrades other than air filter, and need to do ful filter, and still can road trip at 33-35 mpg.
I have a DUDMD tune. Can confirm Dimitry is top notch. Last August he was working with me during a 4k mi road trip from MN to WA and back. I was having issues with rising elevation causing power loss from running too rich. I would use BimmerLink to read baro pressure and RPM and let him know how it was running, and he would send me updated tunes to dial in fuel calculations for changes in elevation. He was literally a trip saver, because we were about to turn around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
Transmission tune will not solve the lag....this is the character of 35d and a tune wont change the way it drives.

I have driven other diesel cars and most of them if not all had this character
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlesquash View Post
Are you trolling? we are all on a diesel thread right? Pretty sure we all know the characteristics of a diesel engine, and personally have two gas cars as well so the differences are known to me as well and see pros/cons in either engine choice but ultimately having both is a win-win for me.
Any automatic has lag in the transmission regardless, thats a given, but a diesel doesn't build power until it builds boost, so the typical turbo lag from a diesel paired with the lag from an auto transmission means more lag overall. You don't feel that lag as much with a gasser because it can be tuned out a lot easier. A transmission tune will help, but a diesel will always have a little more sluggish response compared to a gasser.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0