View Single Post
      02-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #49
specracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS HS 6MT M8 Comp

I don't remember on the past X5's, but I doubt it. On the F15, our priorities were the V-8. The only other options we got, was M sport (liked the appearance, upgraded seats, and paddles, as I use them a lot especially to downshift), 20", cold, Mocha (wanted something other than black, and also allowed vented front seats). We avoided other options and packages for a host of reasons, HUD, I don't like the reflection of the projection "glass" in the windshield (have it on an M3). Parking, lane, getting too close, blind spot etc, during the weekend we had in an F15, turned off most of it, after playing with it. As for the suspension options, I'm not tracking, or canyon carving a 5xxx lbs SUV, so as I'm sure these options are desirable for many, would be a waste of funds for us after the 1st week or so of ownership and pushing it to see how well it worked. We have several other sports cars (F80 M3 and a race car, to mention 2) that are more appropriate tools for the twisties. The last factor in our option selection, was when I was initially "building" the truck, I realized how expensive it could add up to be, and realized, that I just flat out did not want our SUV MSRP to begin with an "8" (or even more). So we were successful in our quest to be at $79,545 (before discount).

Again just our 2c, and what we went through when buying (actually leased this one this time) this vehicle.
Appreciate 0