View Single Post
      02-24-2016, 08:14 AM   #51
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by specracer View Post
As for the suspension options, I'm not tracking, or canyon carving a 5xxx lbs SUV, so as I'm sure these options are desirable for many, would be a waste of funds for us after the 1st week or so of ownership and pushing it to see how well it worked. We have several other sports cars (F80 M3 and a race car, to mention 2) that are more appropriate tools for the twisties. The last factor in our option selection, was when I was initially "building" the truck, I realized how expensive it could add up to be, and realized, that I just flat out did not want our SUV MSRP to begin with an "8" (or even more). So we were successful in our quest to be at $79,545 (before discount).

Again just our 2c, and what we went through when buying (actually leased this one this time) this vehicle.
I didn't upgrade my suspension to use it on the tracks but to enhance the driving dynamics of the SUV. I think the upgraded suspension is a must for SUV of this size to give it a more athletic and agility characteristics.. not to mention comfort while going over bumps or uneven / rough roads.

It may sound silly for a Heavy SUV to be driven like a sports car but.... BMW did an amazing thing to their X6M... it did the ring in 8:20..

For perspective: E92 BMW M3 Sport Auto ran around the 'Ring in 8:05 & E46 M3, which lapped in 8:22.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/17/b...burgring-time/

Last edited by Kzang; 02-24-2016 at 08:35 AM..
Appreciate 0