Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaciah
I ordered mine and its production will be last week of June, I guess this one would be the last before the idrive and carplay update, but touchscreen is something that I donīt like, I have my laptop with it and keeps extremely dirty with finger marks everywhere, carplay may be uselfull but I guess that you may upgrade your current idrive to carplay, touchscreen is dificult to upgrade it because this needs a whole new screen and hardware, but I think carplay is just a firmware o software update.. hopefully.
Sorry. I think CarPlay need the new iDrive software and that need the new hardware so I don't think it's just an firmware update.
Am not sure about this because of the following. April 2016 pricelist (European/German) listed that Connected Sevices are needed to have a preparation for 6CP apple CarPlay (this info is on the long text on the right hand side - an explanation for connected services package). German pricelist Aug 2016 lists 6CP as a separate option but states that it is available as of 2nd half 2016. I tried to order the option 6CP at the dealer and he does not even have it in the system and he does have some of the new options. Anyways, i crossed it out as i wanna avoid waiting longer with later production. I heard from a dealer that he believes that Apple CarPlay will be availabe as of September 2016 as an add on option (they received this info in something called product update).
Appreciate 0