View Single Post
      06-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #8
moutso
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X6M (Black Fire)

My Yoko 21" winter tires are amazing. I just swap out my summer and winter tires. I wouldn't do 20" tires. Just my opinion. I almost settled for 20" tires after I couldn't find 21"...then one day I got lucky and called Tire Rack and a pair just became available in Dallas (a dealer returned them). SO HAPPY I got 21"...and didn't settle for 20.

I live in DC and I have my winter tires on from about Halloween till Easter. That's 5/6 months. Mostly for cold weather, some snow. They worked out perfect and grip is amazing. But driving the car for that long with 20" tires on my x6m??? NO WAY!! lol

Be patient, call Tire Rack and you will find a pair. Not even on sale yet.

I love how my Yoko 21" winter tires look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimi_fan View Post
Agree - my 20" Scorpion OEM setup did well this past winter.

On availability, winters usually come back on the market in Sept/October. I will say, DO NOT WAIT until it is too late. Had a Scorpion that needed to be replaced in Jan and it took 2+ weeks to find one.

On another note, a few people seemed to like the Yoko BluEarth 21" winters if you want to swap tires between seasons. I just found it easier to swap wheels between winter and summer, in addition to changing the staggered to 285's all around, which is why I bought the 20" OEM winter set.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
musa423.00