Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325er View Post
?? Voicing an opinion is a battle? Don't like the company's approach and direction. Not a battle. Couldn't care less I'm not a shareholder nor will I ever purchase one of those consumer grade models again. The only BMW that exists today for me is the M3/4.
For someone who claims expertise in market segmentation, 325er must realise that the M3/M4 'purist' is merely one of many segments, is not representative of the entire market opportunity, meaning that in the last 5-7 years several profitable segments (some in niches) have emerged; and BMW are maximising rents (how's that for a technical term) by going after them with a structured portfolio and a highly modularised supply chain.

The M3/M4 is available for those who want it (by the way, very consumer grade).

As a shareholder, and someone who has owned and driven a wide range of their cars, I am glad BMW understands it's business and potential far too well to pander to purists. Enough said.
+1

I am all for the current direction. as long as they continue to make the vehicle I want. Oops. Which means they need a couple more variants! I would definitely love to fill my garage with an X1M, and the other thing I want would be an M2 gran coupe.
Appreciate 0