View Single Post
      01-15-2024, 06:36 PM   #4
tfunk88
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

I’d try to go for 2017 or 2018 simply because of some of the updates (I don’t care about touchscreen, but the updated display looks way better) and likely lower miles.

Although walnut blasting would be a good thing due to DI, not sure how that would be done without removing the engine since it’s a “hot V” and the intakes are on the outside of the V…blocked by basically everything. Lol

Several people are running catch can setups on the PCV system to try to prevent carbon buildup. I simply vented mine to atmosphere.

Oil leaks are definitely something to look for. Lower oil pan gasket is easy to replace, upper pan or valve cover gaskets…not so much.

Spark plugs should be replaced at regular intervals. Some need every 30k, some every 50k. Coils either at spark plug change (I mean, you’re already removing them, so…) or every other plug change.

Injectors at around 100k.

Oh, around 75k you should check the oil pump chain tension. Part of the job would include replacing the lower oil pan gasket, will add about 45 min to your oil change.
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic14012.50