View Single Post
      04-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
Tried all your recommendations and nothing worked, lol! Thank You for all of those suggestions. The funny thing is that it sends a signal to the garage opener, but nothing happens. It's a Overhead Door opener btw.

J
I had a remote that wasn't working with button 2 for my second garage. So, here's what I did. I have an old overhead system as well. It's a Vemco By Stanley. I bought this: http://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-KL...ge+door+remote.

I opened up the remote, programmed by following the exact instructions on the paper. My overhead is the kind that doesn't have a learn button...it's that old. It has ON/OFF Switches numbered 1-9. The code for that overhead opener is 134678 (because they are all switched on - 2,5,9 are switched off). This remote has a learn function and the old school switch function. Just match the switches on/off exactly as your overhead switch code and then press the black learn button next to the switches to turn on the led - pick which button to program - I chose the first button- then I pressed it 16 times until my garage opened - then I pressed the black learn button again to save this setting for the Universal remote. I then used this universal remote to program my X5 middle garage. I had already programmed 1 and 3 for garage 1 and 3. So, in order to avoid having to erase everything by holding 1 and 3, all you have to do to program an individual garage button is to hold that button until the LED in your rear view mirror starts slowly blinking. As soon as this happens, hold the universal remote button and once the BMW LED starts blinking fast (to establish the connection), let go of both buttons (BMW rear view and universal remote). All done. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0