View Single Post
      03-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #16
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad View Post
Going to be out in Cali for 2 days for an interview with a tech company. Going to be in SFO on Sunday, and going to fly out on Tuesday. Should have 1 whole day to sight-see. Any recommended places to see and eat - right now I have the Golden Gate Bridge, Twin Peaks, PCH, and Google Campus. For food places just In-N-Out.

Any recommendations?
I don't see what is interesting about the google campus... it's just a bunch of office buildings with some decorations outside. Unless you know someone who works there to take you inside the offices, there's not much to see or do.

Also keep in mind that Mountain View/Cupertino is about a 1 hour drive to San Francisco with no traffic. With traffic it's easily 1.5 hours or more. You probably want to hit all the SF places before heading south for your interview or vice versa.

Tons of good any kind of food. If you can think of something, they'll have it. Most people avoid chain restaurants as the local places are much nicer and have better food. Yelp can be a good guide to start off with.

I've interviewed on site for Apple before. It usually takes most of the day and they provide lunch. As with most interviews, you have a conference room and interviewers rotate in and out.