08-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Eu001939
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 30d MSport and X3 20d

F15 X5 closed room viewing pictures and impressions

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I had the chance today to see the new X5 at a BMW organized closed room viewing:

The car shown is the 3D in Sparkling Brown used in the BMW official pictures, and is still a pre-production model. And seeing some of the damage, it has been around quite a few places...

first impressions:

- the nose looks a bit more aggresive. The front is a bit more square and the lines in the hood make it look more streamlined.
-Sideways I don't see a lot of difference. The roof seems to come a bit further and the "blades" (or what do you call them ?) around the rear window actually only stick out a little bit.
- the rear is indeed looking more X3'ish, but it looks good. I do think it will look even better in M sport version.
- Dash is a blend of the new 5 series (buttons layout, hud, dials) and the newer cars with the connected drive screen on the dashboard instead of in the dashboard. Very nice
-didn't like the grey leather dashboard
-you lose a lot of space in the trunk with the space reserved for the 3rd row of seats. I had the impression the trunk is less high than on the E70 (see the picture-sorry there was a battery charger in it)
-Seats are difficult to judge. You could see some damage and the leather had come loose in some places. Assaid, the preprod model has suffered...and I never did like the perforated leather...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0