View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Patarix
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5 30d

Thanks for sharing your great pictures, nice shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsz View Post
I hope That I'm wrong on my conclusion regards to 2014 F15 model, after reading and reviewing all photos I did arrive with answer that is a last LCI makeover till real F15debiuet as 2015 model to compete with MB GL series and Audi Q7. Overall geometry and shape is basically is the same accept front, side and rear sheet metal changes compared to older ladies hefty makeup to look younger. There is no car manufacturer producing a replacement model without presenting on auto shows to public to make them put on hold future purchase from competition. F15 need to be bigger to accommodate a REAL 3rd row seats
Hello Dorsz,

Although the new X5 f15 does use some carryover elements from the old E70, this is a "new" car, it's not just a marginal facelift or restyling. This car will be around for some time, predictably around 7 years as it's custom for Bmw cars.

You are right - however - when you say that this is not an entirely new car, as for example the E70 was to the older E53. The new F15 does share some main components with the E70, like for example the main frame: wheelbase is exactly 2933mm for both cars, and also front and rear track width are the same at 1644mm - 1650mm respectively.
You can look at this car like a very deeply revised car when compared to the old E70, where most of the elements not directly related to the main chassis have been changed and redesigned from scratch.

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Alessandro
Appreciate 0